“Best when served alongside a pint of cold Guiness.” English Chef
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 diced garlic cloves
- 2 cups raw fresh yellow corn
- 2 cups fresh peas
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dark ale beer
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large oven skillet on high heat, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Gently add the corn, peas, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the cornstarch, bouillon and water until well blended then stir into beef mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F for 15 minutes.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat or until sauce is thickened. Stir in Dark Ale beer and cook on medium high for 10 minutes.
- Spread mashed potatoes over the top then sprinkle with the yellow American shredded cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted.