- 4 (6-oz.) beef tenderloin fillets each about 1/2 pound and cut about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1 teaspoon freshly grounded black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Coat the Filet Mignons with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- When the pan begins to smoke, gently add the beef.
- Sear for three minutes per side for rare.
- Remove from heat and place in pre-heated oven for desired doneoness, ie, 5 minutes for medium rare.
- Transfer to a warm platter and serve.