“The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.” -Julia Childs
- 8 pound bone-in beef rib roast, do not trim, leave all that good fat on it for flavor and tie it up.
- 3 tablspoons Kosher salt
- 3 tablspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 24 hours before cooking the prime rib, unwrap the roast and let it sit uncovered in the refrigerator.
4 hours before cooking, take the roast out of the fridge and place it on a sheet pan and allow to settle at room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven to 500F for 25 minutes hour before you start roasting.
- Season the roast thoroughly with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set the roast in a roasting pan with a rack, fat-side-up so all that juicy fat flavor can seep deep into your meat.
- Bake until the internal temperature of the meat has reached 130 F.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving.