“Manage the heat, let the meat cook, and you’ll get fantastic results”. Guy Fieri
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 bay leaf, crushed
- 5 pounds beef brisket
- 2 cups beef stock
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large mixing bowl create your dry rub by combining garlic, chili, onion powders, salt, black pepper, brown sugar, dry mustard, and bay leaves. Be sure to coat the raw brisket on both sides thorougly.
- Place your brisket in a large roasting pan and roast, uncovered, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Then carefully add the beef stock and suficient water to produce about 1/2 inch of liquid in the roasting pan.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F, cover pan tightly and continue cooking for 3 hours.
- Remove from oven and allow to rent for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.